“Speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him
who is the Head, that is, Christ.” (Eph; 4:15)
We will tell the Truth in all matters:
- Truthful communication is key: all council decisions and financial information will
be made available for all to see.
Confidences are sacred; secrets are not allowed.
- A confidence is what we share about ourselves; a secret is about someone else.
- We don’t talk about people who are not present; we pray for them!
- We share the news of our community; good news and bad news.
- All are welcome in the Pastor’s Study for conversation or counseling.
What you say there stays there.
Honesty in all relationships
- No one will have special status. No one is superior; no one is inferior.
Everyone’s opinions are equally important.
- We will speak up and say what is on our minds. We will speak for
ourselves and not for others.
- We will not label other persons or engage in personal attacks.
- We understand disagreements as problems to be solved and not
as contests to be won.
- We will meet and make decisions openly; every member will have
the opportunity to speak to issues of concern.
What You Can Expect From Your Pastors:
- Bible based teaching and preaching...
“All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching” (2 Timothy)
- Honesty... all relationships will be based on integrity.
- Challenging and visionary...
“What is Gods will for us in this place and at this time...”??
- Human... capable of making mistakes and willing to ask forgiveness.
- Joyful and enthusiastic!
What Your Pastors Will Expect From You:
- Regular attendance at worship and the Lord’s Supper.
- Daily prayer with your families for the ministry of the Church.
- Biblical stewards of time, talents and treasure.
- Enthusiastic participation in the ministry that brings you joy!
Blast Notes >